Work Rate From the Engine Room Sets Up Navy Win

It was good to travel south to Glasgow to catch up with the Royal Navy team tonight in their game against Glasgow Hawks.  Some good rugby from both teams.  Matt Harvey (with ball) was deservedly named man of the match but he was matched in his work rate by his second row colleague Edd Pascoe.  The two are forming quite a second row partnership with Ben Fox also adding some good lineout variations.

Cory Moore, pictured  with Navy referee Dunx McClement in the background, was well served by the pack of forwards and gave fly half, Richie Cadywould much needed time and space at fly half as Cadywould had only joined the squad yesterday and therefore was still getting to grips with the team’s moves.
After Matt Harvey had scored the first it was Cadywould who created his own space to split the Hawks defence and saunter under the posts for the Navy’s second try before Eldon Myers scored a third after the Hawks had knocked on in the Navy’s 22m and Jon Humphrey, Matt Bowden and finally Myers  had swept the length of the field for the score.
In the
In the second half it was Rhys Dimmock-Williams who sealed the game for the Royal Navy after the Hawks had staged a mini come back.  Rhys had come on as a replacement and he continues his great habit, if you are a Navy supporter, of scoring important tries most times he wears the famous Navy jersey.
Jon Humphrey once more showed his excellent kicking technique with four conversions from four.  He narrowly missed with a long range penalty that struck the post.  Added to a fine performance with ball in hand and helping Cadywould out with some long tactical kicking he must have pushed Matt close for the Man of the Match Award.
And finally one for the collectors of rare events!  It is not often that Seta Raumakita gets cut in half in the tackle but on this occasion he will admit he came off second best as he was lined up by the Hawks and sent unceremoniously backwards.  He made amends with some strong ball carries before being forced off with a minor injury.  From my point of view it was good to have an evening of some photo journalism, catch up with some of the players and enjoy a good game a rugby from both teams who played the match in a good spirit.  Good luck for Hawks in their play off and up coming cup match.




Leave a Reply